3 things I wish I had known before starting business:
1. Sought good professional advice at the very beginning.
2. Read and analysed a lot more on various business and tax compliance issues.
3. Did a Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats (“SWOT”) analysis first.
Marketing mix advice:
1. Every business is different with different “hot-buttons” that work for them. A really effective website and LinkedIn is a must.
2. Carefully examine and maximise your marketing mix and measure its dollar value rate of return (“ROR”). Your ROR is fundamental to get the best out of your marketing mix dollar.
3. Do not be afraid to think outside the square. You must stand out. Be bold!
4. Design a Unique Selling Proposition (“USP”) that absolutely distinguishes your business from all others. This is marketing on “steroids”.
5. Regularly review your marketing mix and keep close tabs on what your competitors are doing with their marketing mix.